What you will need:
Instructions for Trainers
- For each group, print the “Seeing Anew” matching exercise. Cut up and separate the 24 numbered “toward”-statements.
- Place one set of 24 statements in a separate, large envelope for each group.
- Print a copy of the 3 umbrellas (labeled “Faith,” “Hope,” and “Love”) for each group. Cut out the three separate umbrellas and place them in each envelope containing the “Seeing Anew” statements. Print the faith, hope, and love documents as a reference for each group and add them to each large envelope.
For each group, you should now have an envelope that contains 3 separate umbrellas, 24 statements, and 3 reference pages on faith, hope, and love. Distribute the envelopes.
Instructions for Groups
- In your envelope you should find three umbrellas, labeled “Faith,” “Hope,” and “Love.” Place these on a table or the floor.
- You will also find a series of “toward”-statements.
- Decide as a group under which umbrella each statement best fits.
- If you need some help deciding as a group, you can refer to the “Faith,” “Hope,” and “Love” sheets. Don’t worry if you have trouble deciding, since some may belong under multiple umbrellas. This is more about making connections than about a single set of correct answers.